Escape the chill of winter with this delicious and comforting smoky potato corn chowder. Simple and easy to whip up on any weeknight! Corn, potatoes, delicious herbs, all blended together perfectly to create this creamy chowder; you can’t go wrong.
Smoky Potato Corn Chowder [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- teaspoon dried thyme
- teaspoon smoked paprika
- teaspoon garlic powder
- teaspoon salt
- cup yellow onion, diced
- russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (a little more than 4 cups, leave the skin on)
- red bell pepper, cored and diced
- cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- cup water
- cup frozen corn
- cup parsley, chopped
- tablespoon nutritional yeast
- teaspoon pure maple syrup
- turns of black pepper
- Measure out all the spices and place them into a small bowl and set aside for now. Prep and measure out the veggies.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently and adding a splash of water to keep them from sticking to the pot. Add the potatoes, red pepper and the spices that you set aside earlier and cook for two additional minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the nondairy milk and water, turn the heat to medium-high until it begins to bubble, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup, place it in your blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Return it to the stock pot, along with the frozen corn, parsley, nutritional yeast, maple syrup and black pepper and stir.
Per Serving: Calories: 270 | Carbs: 52g | Fat: 3g | Protein: 12g | Sodium: 93mg | Sugar: 8g
EXPLORE MORE RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS:
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS
Meat-free comfort food without the oil! Molly Patrick is the co-founder of Molly is a food coach, specializing in healing people’s relationships with food by focusing on how, what and why they eat. She has a Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from Cornell University in conjunction with the T. Collin Campbell Foundation. Her popular Saturday emails have turned into a Saturday morning ritual for her readers around the globe.
Browse through recent recipes below:
Sweet Potato Waffle Rosti [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
These sweet potato rosti are crisp on the outside and warm and soft on the inside — perfect for brunch!
Roasted Potato and Onion Farinata: Italian Chickpea Pancake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
In this recipe, farinata is made with roasted potatoes and sautéed onions for a warm and comforting dish that’s perfect for chilly nights.
Valentine’s White Chocolate Hearts [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Give the gift of food this Valentine’s day! Whip up these little Valentine’s day hearts and share a sweet treat with the people you love!