What is a summer gathering without at least one bowl of potato salad? I know that potato salad is almost a sacred thing for people. They want it the way that they grew up with and nothing else. I totally get that. That’s how I feel about my mom’s pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, and deviled eggs. She’ll tell you that she doesn’t do anything special, but I don’t believe her.
If you’re feeling brave, or perhaps like potentially getting some indignant comments because you didn’t use your TRADITIONAL RECIPE OMG!!!!!, you should definitely give this Potato Salad with Egg and Bacon recipe a shot. I love the addition of the egg and the bacon. I think they’re great! It adds depth of texture and flavor.
Summertime is a great time to have this dish, but any time of year is right for this Potato Salad with Egg and Bacon recipe!
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this simple and delicious recipe!
- 2 pounds clean, scrubbed new red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon (we love the Kroger's brand pepper bacon)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and set in the refrigerator to cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour before serving.