Wait what? Pickles in your microwave? No, really, it’s true, and I had the same exact thought. WHAT?!
For me, pickles and pickling are a process that involves a lot of hard, all-day work, and from what I’ve heard, a lot of sweating, haha. Microwave pickles are here to save you. They’re crisp and flavorful just like how you’d expect a pickle to be. This recipe is for bread-and-butter pickles, but I’m sure you could use it with a dill pickle recipe, too.
Pickled in just 10 minutes. YUM! Great for last minute guests or when you want a healthy snack this summer.
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this simple and delicious recipe!
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix cucumber, salt, onion, mustard seeds, white sugar, distilled white vinegar, celery seed and turmeric.
- Microwave on high 7 to 8 minutes, stirring twice, until cucumbers are tender and onion is translucent.
- Transfer to sterile containers. Seal and chill in the refrigerator until serving.