Roast beef sandwiches were my go to for many years as a kid. I especially loved it when I could get the fresh deli cut roast beef. Sometimes it would go on for like $4/pound, and my mom would stock up. I loved it! I haven’t had roast beef in yeeeears. It’s time to fix that!
Cooking and eating big hunks of meat like roast beef or tenderloin isn’t something that I think of doing. I grew up with my mom, and we just never really did the meat and potatoes thing. My SO isn’t really much of a meat and potatoes guy either. He’s more of a stewed meat and rice type, which lines up more with my tastes, too.
Roast beef though? I’m more than willing to try that. YUM! Again, it was a childhood favorite.
With only 4 ingredients, this roast beef is a piece of cake to make!
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this delicious recipes!
- 3 pounds beef eye of round roast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). If roast is untied, tie at 3 inch intervals with cotton twine. Place roast in pan, and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add more or less seasonings to taste.
- Roast in oven for 60 minutes (20 minutes per pound). Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.