One thing that I dread about summer is all of the BBQs and potlucks, but not because I don’t like them. I just always feel like I never have enough good recipes to bring as a food option. This southwest pasta salad can change that though!
Southwest pasta salad that is tasty and easy to make. Feel like you need a gluten free option? Rotini gluten free pasta is a fantastic option. It tastes just like regular pasta. Don’t feel like doing a gluten free option? No worries, just stick to the recipe, and you’ll be golden!
I love this recipe because it is warm and refreshing all at the same time. I brought this to a work function, and everyone loved it. I’m so glad they’re willing to be my guinea pigs!
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this delicious recipes!
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic. Stir in pasta and set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, beans, green pepper, red pepper and 1/2 of the cilantro leaves. Spoon onto a platter and garnish with tomatoes and remaining cilantro. Serve chilled or at room temperature.