Fruit is my favorite food group. I love late spring and summer because all of the produce is so lovely and ripe and in-season. There really isn’t anything more perfect than a long, beautiful hike, and all the fruit to accompany you on your hike.
I love most fruit. About the only one I can’t deal with is bananas. Ack. Banana bread? Ok. Banana cake? Ok. Bananas? NO! Noooooo thank you! Other than that I’m pretty chill. I love fruit salads, but I always leave out the bananas for obvious reasons. This fruit salad really does have some of the best fruit options in it
Fruit salads are the epitome of summer and vacation to me. They’re so bright, so fresh, so refreshing. I generally like my fruit salads undressed, but the dressing in this recipe is awesome! It tastes GREAT!
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this delicious recipes!
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1.5 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes
- 2.5 cups blueberries
- Bring orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, orange zest, and lemon zest to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
- Layer the fruit in a large, clear glass bowl in this order: pineapple, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bananas, oranges, grapes, and blueberries. Pour the cooled sauce over the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.