We have a restaurant in town called Fire on the Mountain. I’ve only been there once, and that was while meeting one of my SO’s friends that came to town. They’re a restaurant of only chicken wings (and fries). They have, and I had never heard of this before visiting FotM, peanut butter and jelly chicken wings. That’s right! PB and J CHICKEN WINGS! Yummmm.
I was really turned off by the idea, but someone ordered them, and they shared. They’re actually really, really good. I thought that this was just a Fire on the Mountain special, but look what I found! I found a PB and J chicken wings recipes online. It’s awesome!
If you’re looking for a fun (but slightly messy) dinner recipe that is unique and different, you must try these PB and J chicken wings!
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this delicious recipes!
- 10 g instant mashed potato flakes
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 15 g kosher salt
- 2 g ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2270 g chicken wings
- 65 g peanut butter
- 60 ml jalapeno pepper jelly
- 60 ml seasoned rice vinegar
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml fish sauce
- 15 ml toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 g red pepper flakes
- 1 dash chili garlic sauce (such as Sriracha(R)), or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk peanut butter, pepper jelly, rice vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and chili garlic sauce in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk mashed potato flakes, vegetable oil, kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large shallow bowl. Add chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Place coated chicken wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, turn wings over using tongs, and return to oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken wings to the peanut pepper jelly mixture; toss to coat. Return chicken wings to baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.