Brownies are one of those treats that we can all agree on as a family. Well, at least in my immediate family. My SO puts a snag in that, but he doesn’t count in this case, hehe. Seriously though, even my mom and dad can agree on brownies, and getting them to agree on anything is… well… if you have divorced parents, you know, haha.
What I love even more than brownies though is blondies! Give me a blondie over a brownie any day. I’ve always loved them, but I had never made them. I’m glad I stumbled across this recipe. I love them, but baking isn’t always my first thought when I’m in the kitchen. So I sometimes need inspiration like seeing a picture of blondies. YUM!
I am so not a natural baker that I really didn’t even know what it took to make blondies. It turns out… Not much, hehe. Love these, and I hope you do too!
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this delicious recipes!
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Mix the beaten egg and vanilla into the brown sugar mixture. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing just until combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.