Pancakes are, of course, a big childhood memory. I think my favorite memory was one of the few times my cousin and I got to sleep at our aunts’ place about an hour south of where we lived. It was such a fun trip. There were Slurpees, doggies giving kisses and being fun, games, and in the morning? No, Donkey, not waffles… PANCAKES! They had everything for the waffles. They had like 2 or 3 types of jam, maple (real and fake) syrup, copious amounts of butter, AND powdered sugar. Ahhhhh, delicious!
These cottage cheese pancakes are something that never made an appearance in my life until I found this recipe. It’s amazing! I can’t believe no one had ever introduced me to these before! Give them a shot. They’re totally worth it.
What says “family Sunday” more than pancakes for breakfast with the whole fam bam before heading out on some venture? Nothing is the correct answer, haha. Next time you have a pancake breakfast, try these cottage cheese pancakes!
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this delicious breakfast!
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, or as needed
- 1/4 cup blueberries, or to taste (optional)
- Strain cottage cheese in a sieve fitted over a bowl, pressing down occasionally until cottage cheese has dried out, about 1 hour.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl; add cottage cheese, flour, melted butter, and salt. Mix until just blended.
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat; drop large spoonfuls of batter into the melted butter. Sprinkle blueberries into batter. Cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.