The Great British Baking Show is one of our favorite shows ever. It is so perfect. Bread week is always so interesting to us because the contestants do so much with bread. It has gotten me so curious about baking my own bread. I started with banana bread, hahaha. We’re up to cinnamon bread. It’s AMAZING!
When we have “bring something for the team day” at work, I’m not bringing either banana bread or this amazing cinnamon bread. It’s awesome. Everyone loves it!
I think banana bread and this cinnamon bread are really more cake than bread, but we’ll go with it, haha. Whatever it is, this recipe is amazing!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Measure flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl. Beat 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.
- Combine 2 tablespoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.