Cinco de Mayo can be celebrated anytime! This year, I was at the symphony listening to them play Disney music. I was beyond stoked. My best girl and I enjoyed some margaritas and tacos before the show. After all, it’s girls’ night! We need to have a little more fun than just symphony sitting and listening, hehe.
If you’re celebrating at home, give this really tasty guacamole recipe a try! It’s a great one to have around all the time. It’s a healthy and tasty snack.
As I said earlier, this is a great recipe to just have around for when you need and want it. This guacamole is great on enchiladas, tacos, chips, etc. We think you and your family will really enjoy it. I know we do!
- 8 ripe Hass avocados - pitted, peeled, and diced
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 limes, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash avocados with a fork in a large bowl. Mix tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and lime juice into mashed avocados; season with salt and black pepper.
- Place avocado seeds in guacamole. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.