I know that we’ve had people ask why there are so many chicken recipes here. Well, a lot of people eat chicken and often. These recipes are also very very simple. If you eat a lot of chicken, then you tire of it pretty quickly. It’s nice to always have a new recipe to pull out and try.
This chicken looks different from anything that I have ever tried. It has molasses, honey, and maple syrup. It’s a sticky sweet chicken dish, and honestly, it looks great.
This really is a one dish meal, and those are my favorites. There are veggies getting roasted with the chicken. They’re in that thick, sweet sauce getting flavored and carmelized. If you have kids who are a little leery of vegetables, this is a great dish for them!
Thanks to Tiffany at Don’t Waste The Crumbs for this awesome recipe!
- 2 carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 pieces chicken
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In an 8x8 oven-proof dish, layer the vegetables.
- Combine molasses, ketchup, honey, maple syrup and all seasoning in a medium bowl. Place chicken in a separate bowl.
- Add about ¼ cup of liquid mixture to the chicken and stir to coat well. Place chicken and the sauce it was in on top of vegetables. Place butter on top of chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Add cornstarch slurry to sauce and stirring constantly bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add this thickened sauce to the top of the chicken and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. You might need to remove the chicken so it doesn't overcook, yet continue to bake the vegetables until they're done.
- Enjoy the sweet and sticky chicken!