Curly fries! Yes please. I will always prefer curly fries to regular fries. My ex was the complete opposite, and I don’t even know how he was a real person. Honestly. How do you NOT like curly fries? I can’t even fathom this, honestly.
Know what’s better than regular curly fries? Sweet potato curly fries! I am just way too excited about this one. Next on shopping list: Spiralizer!
I am always a little leery of making fries at home. They never turn out as good as restaurant fries. I’m very anti soggy or mushy fries. They must be crisp on the outside if they’re going to touch my mouth. What can I say? I’m a picky eater at heart. All that being said, these look like they’ve turned out perfectly!
Thanks to Leigh Anne at Home Based Mom for this great recipe!
Sweet Potato Curly Fries
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- olive oil for coating
- salt for sprinklingSmokey Fry Sauce
- ½ C mayo
- 4 tsp ketchup
- ½ Tbsp creamy horseradish
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Using your Spiralizer make your shoestring potatoes
- Place on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Lightly toss and coat with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 15-20 minutes turning every five minutes until desired doneness. Some of them will get black and burned but they still taste yummy.Smokey Fry Sauce
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Home Based Mom.