Pull apart breads always look so good. The sweet ones will always make my mouth water, but I’m always very tempted by the more savory looking type. So, those garlicky, cheesy, herby ones. And of course, who would be able to resist one so resembling pizza like this cheesy pepperoni pull apart bread?
Pepperoni Pull-Apart Bread looks like a great snack to make either for that downtime between getting home and dinner, or a weekend family time. Perhaps during a movie? It only takes 30 minutes!
If you’re one of those moms on those bagel bite commercials, then you always have enough for food for your 4 kids and their ten friends each. Ummm, most of us aren’t like that. But if you’re looking for a fun, everyone once in a while, after school snack, this Pepperoni Pull-Apart Bread might be a good choice.
Thanks to Tiffany at La Creme de La Crumb for this great recipe!
- 2 round or oval loaves of bread (doesn’t matter exactly what kind, just make sure it is something with a more firm crust)
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pepperoni slices, cut in half
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara/pizza sauce (I prefer a basil-garlic blend but use whatever you like best)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil (use a lot of overhang on the sides because you are going to wrap the bread loaves) and spray with cooking spray.
- Use a long bread knife to slice the bread. Make long slices about 1.5 inches apart all across the bread, and then in the opposite direction so that you get a checkerboard effect. **Be careful not to slice all the way through the bread, do not cut through the bottom crust!**
- Gently stuff the mozzarella into all of the spaces in the bread. Stuff pepperoni slices into the spaces next. Melt butter and whisk in italian seasoning. Drizzle or brush seasoned butter over the whole bread.
- Place loaves onto prepared baking sheet and wrap the loaves with the overhanging foil. Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bread start to brown lightly. Serve pull-apart bread with warmed pizza/marina sauce. Pull-apart your pizza bread, dip, and enjoy!
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: La Creme de La Crumb.