Who here remembers when Baked Lay’s came out? I was in, I think, 6th grade. Everyone in my class flipped out. They were disgusted. I will admit that my initial reaction was a giant NO THANK YOU! But then I had them again, and there’s something addictive and satisfying about the flavor and texture.
Baked potato chips (and even Cheetahs) have gained some popularity since I was in 6th grade. I think with how these chips are seasoned, they will be a hit.
What I like about my generation becoming parents is that we are really trying to get back to eating real food, not just the processed stuff that we grew up loving. I think these baked potato chips will be a good option for those who are getting back to eating “real” food.
Homemade Seasoned Potato Chips2017-07-26 12:46:46Write a reviewIngredients
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- garlic, herbs, optional
- 1 or 2 tbsp oilInstructions
- 1. Preheat oven to 230 C (450 F). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the potatoes in 1/8-inch thick round slices.
- 2. In a pot of boiling water cook the potato slices for 3-5 minute. Drain well and combine with oil, salt, pepper and spices (garlic, oregano, basil, etc) in a large bowl.
- 3. Place potato slices on prepared baking sheet in one layer. Bake for about 15 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Gently remove the chips and place on a cooling rack or parchment paper; let them cool for few minutes and they are ready to serve.Cool Home Recipes http://coolhomerecipes.com/
This is a fun recipe. Watch below and try it out on your family!