Crock Pot recipes are so easy. This one isn’t any different. What I love about this dish is that you get all the same flavors that you would get at a restaurant, just with fewer calories. We should at least attempt to be healthy, don’t you think?
General Tso’s chicken is one of those popular Chinese takeout dishes that taste so good yet is not really so good for you because of its high fat, high salt, and high calorie content. But with a bit of know-how, it’s easy to make this dish healthier without sacrificing taste right in your own kitchen. Try this crockpot General Tso’s chicken recipe as an example.
What makes this crockpot General Tso’s chicken better than the takeout version? For one, it’s not deep-fried, thus letting you cut back on the fat and grease. For another, it’s not loaded with salt. Lastly, it’s cooked in a slow cooker so you can set it up, leave it and go about your own business, then return after a few hours to dinner already waiting for you.
Easy Peasy Slow Cooker General Tso Chicken2017-10-29 17:34:13Write a reviewIngredients
- 2 lb. boneless and skinless chicken
- 5 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 6 tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 whole dried japones chili peppers
- 1 9-oz. package of frozen sugar snap peas, cookedInstructions
- If using chicken breasts, cut into medium-sized chunks or strips (not too small); for other sections, use whole piece.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients except for the peas.
- Pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on high for 3-5 hours
- During last half hour of cooking, add peas and stir to coat with sauce.
- Serve over rice.Cool Home Recipes http://coolhomerecipes.com/