It’s December! It’s time to break out old recipes and new.
We have 5 insanely tasty recipes to share with you today. They’re great for family gatherings or that BIG Christmas/Holiday party you have every single year.
We have recipes for the kiddos and adults alike. Naughty and nice 😉
Two hot chocolate recipes (both simple and delicious), a gingerbread latte, EGG NOG (talk about tradition), and an outstanding mimosa for Christmas morn.
Check them out at the link below.
Visit the Next Page link below for recipe 1/5!
There are just 5 ingredients in this gingerbread latte, and they’re all relatively good for you. The author of this recipe made sure it was a skinny and clean drink. That’s some good stuff you’re about to put in your body, and it will probably taste even better than your favorite coffee shop’s!
Thanks to Amy at Amy’s Healthy Baking for this delicious recipe!
- 1 cup (240mL) nonfat milk
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp molasses
- 4 drops vanilla crème stevia
- ¾ cup (180mL) extra strong coffee
- Combine the milk, ginger, molasses, and stevia in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, until the mixture begins to simmer. Whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy.
- Add the coffee to a large mug, and pour the milk mixture on top.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Amy’s Healthy Baking.
Visit the Next Page link below for recipe 2/5!
HOMEMADE EGG NOG
A total holiday tradition. Surprisingly, I have never had homemade egg nog. I know what I’m fixing this year. Yep, that problem! I am making this, and I’m sharing it with the fambam! Really, it’s hard to have Christmas without egg nog, store bought or otherwise.
Thanks to Ashlee Marie at Ashlee Marie for this delicious recipe!
- 2/3 C sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 4 C milk
- 2 C whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- in a saucepan heat up the milk, cream until warm
- Whisk the sugar, egg yolks and salt together
- temper some of the warm liquid into the egg yolks, stirring the entire time
- add the mixture back into the saucepan and heat until it reaches 160 degrees F
- Take off heat and let cool
- Whip the 6 Tbsp sugar and egg whites together until ribbony (just before you reach soft peaks)
- Stir the nutmeg and vanilla into the egg mixture
- Add the egg whites into the yolk mixture and stir together
- keep refrigerated, stir before serving
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Ashlee Marie.
Visit the Next Page link below for recipe 3/5!
Cranberry Vanilla Mimosa
I love mimosas! I know they generally don’t have the garnish that this recipe does, but I love it anyway! You don’t have to do the garnish, but it sure is festive and beautiful isn’t it? The tartness and the sparkling wine meld so perfectly together. Love, love, love this drink!
Thanks to Jenny at Honey and Birch for this delicious recipe!
- 1 1/2 ounces of vanilla flavored vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces of cranberry juice
- sparkling wineOptional Garnishes
- fresh cranberries
- whole vanilla beans
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vanilla vodka, cranberry juice and ice. Shake vigorously, then strain into a champagne flute. Fill the glass to the top with sparkling wine. Garnish if desired.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Honey and Birch.
Visit the Next Page link below for recipe 4/5!
Grinchy Green Hot Chocolate!
What is the point of enduring the bitterness of winter without a good cup of hot chocolate? Not to mention the amazing classic stories and movies of the Christmas season. This Grinchy Green Hot Chocolate brings both of these wintertime necessities right into your kitchen. It’s absolutely DIVINE!
Thanks to Lisa at Cooking with Curls for this delicious recipe!
- 2 Cups milk (I used Unsweetened Cashewmilk)
- 4 Ounces white chocolate (chopped)
- green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract***
- 1 Tablespoon Peppermint Schnapps***
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Vodka***
- whipped topping
- Add milk and chopped white chocolate in a medium sauce pan
- Heat over LOW until chocolate is melted and the milk is cooked through.
- Remove heat and add green coloring
- Pour into mugs and flavor with either the alocholic or non alcholic flavorings
- Top with whipped cream, green srpinkles, and red heart (optional)
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Cooking with Curls.
Visit the Next Page link below for recipe 5/5!
Extra Rich and Creamy Nutella Hot Chocolate
Looking for an easy and rich hot chocolate recipe? Look NO FARTHER THAN THIS RECIPE! It’s nutella, cocoa powder, milk, and some sugar. It’s simple and insanely good. You’ll LOVE IT!
Thanks to Karina at Cafe Delites for this delicious recipe!
IngredientsNutella Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups low fat/skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Nutella, a chocolate hazelnut spread (or any hazelnut cacao spread)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener of choice/raw sugarOptional Toppings:
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Extra Nutella
- Heat milk in a medium sized saucepan on medium – high heat until beginning to warm and steam. Add the spread, cocoa powder and sugar, and whisk until dissolved and combined. Bring to a gentle simmer while stirring, and take off heat.
- Serve with your desired toppings.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Cafe Delites.