Have you guys ever had an Mediterranean Vegetarian sandwich from Panera? They’re fantastic. I’m usually a big meat eater, as I’m sure you can tell. Veggie sandwiches have never done it for me, but this sandwich is insanely good. It’s my absolute favorite sandwich EVER!
This Mediterranean Vegetarian would make a great and filling meatless Monday meal.
Ok, let me talk about this sandwich and why it’s so good. One, the bread is amazing. Unfortunately this is a copy cat recipe that doesn’t have their amazing sundried tomato and honey bread, but that’s ok. It’s still a great sandwich. The sauce? It’s cilantro jalapeño hummus. Bloody amazing! The veggies? Completely customizable. I always leave off the tomatoes, but please, please, please make sure you get the peppadew peppers on there. They’re just so good and add such a great depth to the sandwich.
Thanks to Jen and Emily at Layers of Happiness for this wonderful recipe!
- 2 slices Whole Wheat bread
- 2-3 Tablespoons cilantro jalapeno hummus (I use Trader Joe’s, but if you can find it, use regular or Spicy Sweet Pepper by Tribe and add cilantro to the sandwich)
- 1 whole leaf fresh lettuce
- 1/4 cup sprouts
- 2 whole thin slices tomato
- 2 whole thin slices cucumber
- thinly sliced red onion
- 1-2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Peppadew peppers, choppedInstructions
- Toast bread if desired. Spread both slices of bread with hummus, then layer on lettuce, sprouts, tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, and peppadew peppers. Slice sandwich in half and serve.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Layers of Happiness.