S’mores are a summer tradition, right? I mean, I know they were for us when we were at camp, or when I’d go camping with Girl Scouts.
Sadly, I feel like a lot of this generation and the upcoming generations aren’t going to be able to really experience the joys of s’mores since most of the camp sites now prohibit fires due to droughts and increased forest fire hazards.
S’mores can of course be done at home. It’s not quite the same. Make it into a s’mores casserole, and you have something possibly even better than campfire s’mores.. MAYBE. At any rate, this s’mores casserole is sure to please everyone and bring the family closer!
Check out this awesome recipe on the next page! You won’t be disappointed!
While my family didn’t do this, as we were a tiny little household, I did know people growing up who would have movie nights on Fridays or Saturdays with the whole family. They would make a treat, something special, like this s’mores casserole, choose a movie or two that everyone wanted to see, and then enjoy a picturesque night together. If you’re into that thing, this dish would be GREAT!
Thanks to Tyalor at The Girl on Bloor for this FABULOUS recipe!
- Half package graham crackers
- 4 tbsp butterChocolate filling
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can dulce de leche (or sweetened condensed milk cooked 3 hours in a pot of boiling water)
- 35 marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- Cracked sea salt to taste
- Make ahead (the night before): For Dulce de Leche, remove the label from can of sweetened condensed milk. Submerge in large pot filled with water and let boil for 3 hours. Let cool and set aside.
- Crush graham crackers or blend in a Magic Bullet until fine. Add butter and press into a greased, medium-sized rectangular oven safe pan.
- Microwave chocolate mixture and pour over top of graham cracker crust.
- Add marshmallows to cover entire pan.
- Cook in 425 degree oven for 16 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Once cooled for about 5 min, add Dulce de Leche to a plastic sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the corner, then drizzle overtop of chocolate chips and marshmallows.
For more fabulous recipes and great food photos visit the original source at: The Girl on Bloor