It has taken me a long time to be able to tolerate avocado in any form. I used to pick it out of my sushi, and there would just be a huge pile of it on my plate. I think it was a texture thing. I can now tolerate it, and sometimes even enjoy avocado!
The way I like it best? When it’s in a sauce. That way there aren’t as many chunks of mush in my mouth, and the flavor is great because of the other flavors. Even though I now like guacamole, my first instinct is to say no thanks because I hated it for so long.
My first inclination when I saw this guacamole pasta was to say ugh, but then I remembered “I LIKE THIS!” So, I tried it. It is really, really good! I think you all will enjoy it as well. The flavors are fab, and it’s pretty healthy!
Check out this awesome recipe on the next page! You won’t be disappointed!
While this is a vegetarian dish, you could easily add some diced or sliced chicken breast, and it wouldn’t really add to the cooking time. Cook it as your pasta cooks. Easy peasy and super tasty!
Thanks to Amishi at Naive Cook Cooks for this FABULOUS recipe!
- 2-3 ounces your pasta shape, cooked as per instructions on package (gluten free if need be 🙂 )
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime or as per taste
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- ½ jalapeno
- 2 green onions
- Cook the pasta as per package instructions. Drain the water saving few tbsps for the sauce.
- In a blender, add avocado, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, lime juice, jalapeno, green onions and 2 tbsp pasta water. Blend until smooth. Add tomatoes, mix. Adjust salt, pepper, lime juice as per taste. If you want little more thinner sauce, add little more pasta water.
- To this sauce add the pasta and mix until well coated.
For more fabulous recipes and great food photos visit the original source at: Naive Cook Cooks