Berry season is my favorite. One of my dearest calls my Wild Berry during this season. I consume an immense amount of fruit, especially, of the berry types. I’m always trying to incorporate them into my cooking.
One of my favorite dishes is this Strawberry Salad. I love the idea of today’s recipe because the chicken is so flavorful, and it’s blackened. Blackened chicken really has so much more flavor than my usual frying pan chicken.
This meal is quick, easy, and it’s healthy. Perfect for those hot summer nights when you don’t want the stove or oven on for too long, and you want something light.
Check out this awesome recipe on the next page! You won’t be disappointed!
This meal serves 4, and the total calories are a little higher than one would think, but they’re still way lower than getting the exact same thing at a restaurant. It’s so important to know your food source and what exactly is in a recipe. Making food at home allows you to do that.
Thanks to Christine at Cherry on my Sundae for this FABULOUS recipe!
- 1 lb strawberries, halved
- 2 tsp sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oilChicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp oilRemaining ingredients
- 8 cups spinach
- 8 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until strawberries have softened, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer strawberries to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the mixture. Cool.
- Whisk together the pureed strawberries with balsamic vinegar. Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine seasoning for chicken from paprika – onion powder. Liberally sprinkle seasoning mixture onto both sides of the chicken.
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear on both sides, about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Finish cooking chicken in the oven until juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- Toss together spinach with feta, sliced strawberries, cranberries and salad dressing. Portion on four plates and top with sliced chicken. Serve.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Cherry on my Sundae.