The original recipe is called Banana Split Lasagna… Lasagna? Sounds like it should have a marinara sauce on it! Perish the thought!
I love how ridiculous banana split lasagna looks in my head. Lasagna noodles, with slices of bananas, covered in marina and cheese. Ugh! What an awful thought.
Luckily for us, this layered banana split isn’t at all what my mind says it is. Instead, it’s one of our most popular desserts, and it’s not hard to see why.
It has 5 layers: sweetened cream cheese/whipped cream, a buttery graham cracker crumb crust, banana cream pudding, Cool Whip, and banana split-fixin’s to top it all off!
Check out the recipe on the next page!
Be prepared: Once you make this dish, you will be asked over and over again for it. This recipe is not hard to make and it is so good that it will become your go-to dessert for years to come. Many thanks to RecipeChatter.com for this awesome recipe.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons + 3 1/2 cups cold milk, divided
- 16 ounces Cool Whip topping, divided
- 1 (23-ounce) container of frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and drained well
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes of banana cream pudding instant pudding
- Chocolate syrup
- Maraschino cherries (optional, but encouraged!)
- Nuts (optional)
Check out some NOTES for this recipe and many other delicious recipes at: RecipeChatter.com