Next week is the last week of cooking club. I’m sad, but we always have next term. The hardest thing about working with those kids is that there is never enough time because there is never enough funding! We only get 24 total weeks with them for the entire school year, and then 2 additional weeks in the summer. I know what we are doing now is beneficial in a lot of ways, but it could be so much more so if we could get the funding to have more weeks out of the year. I do the homework club there with my SO. The kids’ grades are always up when we’re able to be there. The rest of the time though, they aren’t getting the help they need. Even when we are there, they can’t necessarily get all the help they need because there are only 2 of us and 12-25 of them. Sigh!
Sorry that was a tangent. Point being, cooking club is ending next week. We made a pasta recipe this week, and they loved it! In fact, it’s a recipe that we’ve posted on here. It has been kid approved! Here’s the link. I know that they love pasta and simple recipes that they can make at home with ease. Today’s lemon chicken pasta recipe would be great for them!
This recipe is simple and quick! It only takes 30 minutes to make, and it’s also approved for the 21 Day Fix if you’re doing that diet. Check out the recipe on the next page!
This recipe is super simple, quick, and it’s healthy. You really do get a lot of good flavors coming out of this one. It would also be great for teenagers just learning how to cook because it’s so simple. I work with 6th through 8th graders, and they’re able to do this stuff just fine with a recipe.
Thanks to Victoria at The Simply Anchored Blog for this wonderful recipe!
- 3-4 Chicken breast cut into 1″ cubes
- 8oz linguine (half a 1lbs box)
- 1 cup loose leaf parsley (fresh and not chopped)
- 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- salt/pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Start water for pasta
- Put 1tbs of olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat.
- Once heated add all of the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes and parsley and set aside on low heat – stirring occasionally.Sauce:
- Mix 2 tbs of olive oil and the juice of one lemon into a dish
- Grate one clove of garlic
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk and you’re done!
For more stellar recipes and great step-by-step photos, visit The Simply Anchored Blog.