Peaches are one of my absolute favorite fruits. I like them fresh off the tree, in baked goods, in drinks and smoothies. Peaches are just too fabulous for words.
This peach coffee cake is going to be just as lovely as a peach cobbler, peach crisp, or peach pie. Oh, man! I love peaches. Coffee cake is such a lovely treat at any time of day. My mom always makes sure to have a cup of coffee with her when she eats a slice of coffee cake. I’m not a coffee drink. I just enjoy the pastry for what it is. Sweet and decadent.
Start your morning off right with this peach coffee cake.
The streusel on top of a coffee cake is what makes it or breaks it for me. The streusel on this peach coffee cake is out of this world good. I love starting my day off with it. I really have to hold back on how often I make it. Need to keep my girlish figure in tact, haha.
Thanks to Michelle at Dishes and Dust Bunnies for this wonderful recipe!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted and room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peach jam or preserves
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh peaches, skinned, pitted and sliced 1/4″ thick or lessTopping
- 2/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of melted butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup peach jam or preserves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 13″ x 9″ metal baking pan (2″ high sides).
- Using an electric mixer cream together 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Once creamed, add in 1/2 cup peach jam and mix until well combined.
- At medium speed beat in the eggs, one at a time until mixed in.
- Once eggs are beaten in, gradually add the heavy cream while mixing on high. The batter should thicken up. Beat this for at least 5 minutes.
- Using a spatula, spread the batter evenly in the metal baking pan.
- Place sliced peaches evenly on top of the batter.
- Combine Topping ingredients. Once combined it should be almost like a “dough”.
- Sprinkle clumps of the topping evenly on top the the layer of peaches.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes once it comes out of the oven.
- Serve right away warm or you can serve it cold.
For more stellar recipes and great step-by-step photos, visit Dishes and Dust Bunnies.