What have we learned from all of the Paula Deen recipes? I think that we’ve learned that there is ALWAYS an extra twist in the recipe somewhere. It’s something like extra butter, extra cheese, or just something completely unbelievable. Thankfully, today’s isn’t anything unbelievable… or maybe it is.
This isn’t just any ordinary banana pudding. No siree! This banana pudding is made extra fluffy and luscious by the addition of cream cheese. That is not anything that I would have ever thought to put in a pudding. WOW! This is going to be AMAZING.
This pudding recipe is really simple. It’s also beautifully layered. You really need to check out the original source to see the step-by-step photos. I like the picture that we have here, but it doesn’t quite do it the same justice! If you’re a banana pudding fan, THIS is the recipe for you!
Thanks to Tar Heel Taste Bud for this FUN and YUMMY recipe!
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies OR 2 bags Vanilla Wafers
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5 oz.) box French Vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
- Line the bottom of a 13×9 inch inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.
- Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
For more AWESOME recipes and BEAUTIFUL step-by-step photos, visit Tar Heel Taste Bud.