I love potatoes! That phrase would have never come out of my mouth prior to a couple years ago. I used to hate potatoes with the exception of French fries! My cousin loved baked potatoes and would only eat baked potatoes. That meant that I was stuck with a lot of baked potatoes that I did not like or want. Ugh. Stupid baked potatoes. I still won’t eat a classic baked potato. It’s just not palatable to me still. I don’t really like mashed potatoes either, but I will at least eat those.
The type of potatoes that I like are fries, breakfast potatoes, roasted potatoes, and something like these roasted parmesan potato wedges. Oh man, potato wedges are what I live for! Add some freshly grated parmesan and some freshly chopped parsley, and I am set. I will eat these by the plateful with no regrets!
I’m started that cooking club today! I’m really, really excited. It seems to be going well. They girls are stoked. I wish it had some more boys, since it’s important for them to be able to cook too, but one step at a time. I think these 8th graders will be loving these roasted parmesan potatoes. I even managed to snag an inexpensive toaster oven from Amazon! I’m stoked! This recipe is enough to serve 10 8th graders and 2 adults.
- 6 potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 2-3 T olive oil (for coating potatoes)
- grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your potatoes. Grate your parmesan
- Place your potatoes in a baking dish. Coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over the wedges (exact measurements aren’t necessary)
- Generously spread your grated parmesan over the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check for doneness.Shift potatoes.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes
- Serve with parsley if desired and enjoy!