When my older brother was about 4 or 5, he put his eggs on a slice of toast and covered it with the other slice of toast. He looked up at the family and, with the biggest, proudest grin, said, “I made a simple sammich!” This baguette breakfast sandwich is like a simple sammich all grown up!
Eggs, meat, and bread can get a little dull. I, more often than not, end up trying to spice it up. These baguette breakfast sandwiches are simple and delicious! I usually get 1 mini baguette and cut it in half. Then it’s not a total overload on bread.
I use baguettes or mini baguettes for this recipe, but you could use french bread or even just whatever sandwich bread you have lying around the house. That’s how the simple sammich originated after all! I love this because it’s totally customizable. My ex and I made these together for Christmas Eve dinner one time. We had a breakfast bar, and his family was able to put what they liked on it! The ingredients serve 2, please adjust as needed
- 1 Mini Baguette (with seeds is AWESOME), sliced down the middle
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 4 pieces thick cut bacon
- Basil, Oregano, Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Once heated, heat b for 10-12 minutes
- Fry or bake your bacon (your choice)
- Scramble your eggs with the herbs and spices that you like to taste.
- Once your bacon, bread, and eggs are done, assemble your sandwich.
- Put in your eggs and line bacon along the side. Cut baguette breakfast sandwich in half to share!