We don’t have Cracker Barrel out here. I think it’s just a Midwest and Southern thing at this point. I hear about people going all the time and how much they love it. I’ve pulled up their menu online, and it looks good. It looks like a lot of good, ol’ comfort food.
These loaded hash browns look intense and definitely like comfort food. They have cream of chicken soup, sour cream, butter, and cheese. These are going to be the creamiest hash browns you’ve ever had. They remind me of something that we’d see Paula Deen make!
What a delicious dish this will be for a nice Sunday family breakfast or a next gathering of any sort. These dishes are large. They serve anywhere from 10-12. Honestly, I would consider just serving this as a main course for dinner. There are lots of filling attributes to it. Have you guys ever eaten at Cracker Barrel? Do you love their loaded hash browns?
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Optional: Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.