For a couple of years, I lived within walking distance of an Italian restaurant. I mean, like 2 blocks away. My ex and I used to go there for too often, and honestly, I’m glad we did! One, I met a great friend. Two, I learned the joys of strombolis.
A good stromboli quickly made its way to the top of my favorite foods list! I’m excited to make one at home.
My favorite stromboli had Italian sausage, pepperoncinis, mushrooms, olives, 2 types of cheese, and of course the sauce. It was the most fantastic thing. They do add up in price, but it was my favorite, “It’s been a long day, I need something fattening” food. It’s delicious. This one looks just as delicious!
Thanks to Stacey at Southern Bite for this WONDERFUL recipe!
- 1 (11-ounce) can thin crust refrigerated pizza dough
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce (plus extra for dipping)
- ½ cup sliced pepperoni (about 2.5 ounces)
- 1 cup cooked crumbled ground Italian sausage
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the can of pizza dough and stretch it thin and even on the parchment. Top with sauce, pepperoni, cooked sausage, and mozzarella cheese. Starting on one side, carefully roll the dough like a jelly roll. Slide to the middle of the parchment so that the seam is on the bottom. Cut several diagonal slits into the crust. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Southern Bite.