Eggnog is essential to Christmas gatherings. Let’s be real, how else are we going to put on 15 pounds in the matter of 3 weeks without drinking too much eggnog? If you’re like me, and you like the flavor, but not the texture of eggnog, these eggnog cookies are perfect for you!
These eggnog cookie will knock your socks off! They look so simple, but they’re packed full of flavor and yumminess.
There’s a beautiful elegance to these cookies that I absolutely adore. They’d looks amazing on a tray layered between some chocolate cookies or more festive looking cookies. One of the things that I love about cooking and baking isn’t just the taste and the process, but it’s also figuring out the perfect presentation! These
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 1/2 tsp. Rum Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine and white sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg and 1 cup eggnog and rum extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda,cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; stir into the sugar mixture so it’s well blended.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
- To prepare the icing, put the confectioners’ sugar into a small bowl. Stir in the remaining eggnog one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Spread onto cooled cookies and let dry before serving.