Artichokes are some of my favorite foods. I know so many people who blanche at the idea, but really? How can you not love a good, creamy artichoke dip, pasta, etc? I don’t know. I just don’t know. This creamy artichoke penne is going to rock it!
Not only are there artichokes (yum), but there is also asparagus. Oh, man! That is one outstanding meal in the making. Add in the few types of cheeses, and your taste buds will be in Heaven! I love flavorful meals!
What makes this so creamy you ask? Well, here’s why: You’re looking at 2 types of cheese and sour cream. This is going to be a hit wherever you go. If not, that just means more for you! I don’t know about you, but I get fairly possessive over my pasta. Mmmmm, pasta!
- 12 ounces uncooked penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place olive oil, butter, and liquid from artichoke hearts in skillet. Cut artichoke hearts into bite-size pieces. When olive oil mixture is hot, add onion and garlic and asparagus. Saute until soft and lightly browned. Stir in artichoke hearts and saute until heated through. Season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese and sour cream. Toss mixture with cooked pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.