Blackened meats always taste amazing. That extra depth of flavor that comes from the blackening process just sends it off the chart! This cajun blackened mahi mahi looks fabulous! One, it’s mahi mahi, which is awesome. Two, it is filled with cajun spices, mmm!
This recipe only takes 15 minutes! Lightning fast and perfect for those crazy days.
I just found out recently that hot peppers like cayenne, which is in this recipe, is a metabolism booster. Also, food with high Omega-3 fatty acids (like fish) will also help boost your metabolism, which aids in weight loss. This is all around a good and healthy meal.
Thanks to Natalie at Tastes Lovely for this awesome recipe!
IngredientsBlacked Cajun Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepperBlackened Cajun Mahi Mahi
- (2) 6-oz wild caught Mahi Mahi** filets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lime wedges for serving
- Make the spice rub by combining all the dried spices on a plate and stirring with a fork to combine.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium high heat. While it is heating up, dredge the fish filets in the spice rub and coat evenly. When the pan is warm, add the coconut oil, and cook the spice rubbed fish until cooked thru. Cooking time will depending on the thickness of your fish. Typically about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm. Top with sliced avocado and wedges of lime. I love serving mine on top of my coconut lime rice.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Tastes Lovely.