When I go into bakeries and coffee shops, I always look at the pastries and cakes. I rarely indulge, but this caramel toffee pecan pound cake looks like something I would see in one of those places, and I would be very tempted to buy a slice. How indulgent and decadent. Mmmmm.
This caramel toffee pecan pound cake will make a beautiful addition to any day or event.
Have a church or other group event coming up? Maybe you just want some delicious cake? This would be a great option for you. It’s moist, dense, and wonderful. A beautiful trio of flavors, toffee, pecan, and caramel. You can’t go wrong with this!
Thanks to Jen at Carlsbad Cravings for this awesome recipe!
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 8 oz. bag of toffee bits
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 recipe Easy Creamy Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and generously spray all surfaces of a 12 cup nonstick bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray WITH FLOUR*, OR grease and flour the inside. Set aside.
- Beat the butter until creamy then add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just the yellow disappears after each egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk in between each third. Beat until just combined. Stir in toffee bits and pecans then spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 85 – 90 minutes. You may need to cover the top of the cake with foil near the end of cooking time to prevent excess browning.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Spoon caramel over cake and devour.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Carlsbad Cravings.