I love how quick ravioli dishes are. There are a few options as well. You can either buy the fresh raviolis in the refrigerated section, or your can by the frozen raviolis. You can of course make your own if you have the tools, time, and know how!
What makes this ravioli dish so special is the pumpkin alfredo. Not only is it a wonderful, creamy alfredo. It also have the extra flavor depth and warmth of pumpkin. It’s going to be amazing!
The ease and beauty of this dish are amazing. It’s quick and simple, yet the it comes out beautifully in both flavor and presentation. The toasted pine nuts on top are a wonderful idea! Pine nuts add so much flavor and a bit of texture.
Thanks to Deborah at Taste and Tell for this awesome recipe!
- 1 package (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, chicken broth and milk.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Add in the milk mixture, Parmesan cheese, pumpkin puree, parsley, sage and nutmeg. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir the ravioli into the sauce. Serve topped with the pine nuts and walnuts.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Taste and Tell.