Confession time: Egg rolls and spring rolls are like my number one guilty pleasure. They’re greasy and filled with just amazingly yummy things. I don’t think the stuffing is usually where all of the bad stuff is. I think a lot of that comes from the deep fried outter layer.
These unrolled egg rolls look like they’ll be just as delicious and a tad bit healthier.
I love a good meaty egg roll. I also love a good cabbage and carrot egg roll. This particular recipe has the sausage that I absolutely adore, and it also has the cabbage! My brain immediately goes to Cabbage Guy in Avatar: The Last Airbender whenever I hear the word cabbage. OOPS! Hello, tv-fed brain!
Thanks to Karly at Buns In My Oven for this great recipe!
Ingredients for Unrolled Egg Rolls
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 6 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce/Tamari
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often to crumble, until cooked through. Do not drain.
- Add the coleslaw mix, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet with the sausage. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cabbage has softened a bit.
- Remove from the heat and top with the green onions and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Serve immediately.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Buns In My Oven.