These are such cute little meals. They’re like little pizzas but infinitely better. The garlic oil that is used is made by you, which you’ll see later. If you’re worried about the spiciness, go ahead and leave out the red chili flakes. Just make the garlic oil instead. Either way it’ll be delish!
I love the idea of these Spicy Garlic and Chicken Flatbreads. Most dinners are heavy and have a lot of food. I would just make a bunch of these and serve them. Have at it kiddos. Also, if you want veggies, you could probably add them to the top or serve a salad.
These would make fun dinners for sleepovers. They would also make really fun lunches to send to school or work! Really, this is just a base idea. I think the flatbread meal potential could be taken way farther and extended to breakfast and just healthy snacks. Perhaps peanut butter and banana flatbreads for lunch or after school? YUM!
Thanks to Karly at Buns In My Oven for this great recipe!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 6 mini naan
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Smash the garlic cloves to remove the papery shell. Leave the cloves mostly intact.
- Add the oil, garlic, and chili flakes to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until garlic just begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the naan on a large baking sheet.
- Spread each naan with enough garlic oil to coat the tops.
- Sprinkle each naan with the mozzarella cheese, top with the chicken, and sprinkle the chopped garlic evenly between each naan. Top with the parsley.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.