Stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite food. I usually end up stuffing them with eggs. It’s delicious. I’m really intrigued by these pizza stuffed mushrooms. One of my favorite pizzas ever is with pepperoni and mushrooms. So, I can’t really see anything bad in this.
This is such a fun recipe to serve for your family or at a party you’re hosting. Check out this recipe on the next page!
Maybe pepperoni isn’t your favorite? Or maybe you’re vegetarian? Go ahead and change up those ingredients. Honestly, I love pepperoni and mushrooms together, but these are definitely miss their olives. I’d add olives. YUM! I’d also stuff the big portabellos instead of the small mushrooms. Either way it will be GREAT!
Thanks to Jo at Jo Cooks for this recipe!
Ingredients for Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 to 15 large mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 2 mini pepperoni links, sliced
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- If you’re using a cast iron skillet spray it with cooking spray. Arrange the mushrooms in the skillet.
- Fill each mushroom with about 1 to 2 tsp of pizza sauce. Top each mushroom with 1 to 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese, then with 2 or 3 pepperoni slices.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cheese melts and gets a bit golden on top.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with basil.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Jo Cooks.