Know what I love about pizza recipes? You can really customize them to fit all of your favorite tastes. I don’t think I would actually substitute anything for this recipe, since I absolutely adore sausage pizza. It’s definitely one of my favorite toppings. I think the only thing that I would add would be some small chopped mushrooms. Mmmmm.
These sausage pizza balls look like a really great party idea, or just a fun Friday night treat for you and your family. Check out this recipe on the next page!
Bite sized pizza was a big deal in the mid 90s through the early 2000s. I haven’t really seen the same emphasis on pizza bagels, pizza rolls, etc. that I used to. Well, make them yourself. They’ll be healthy, and they’ll taste better. Plus, what a fun family activity! Involve the kids!
Thanks to Tonia at The Gunny Sack for this recipe!
Ingredients for Super Fun Sausage Pizza Balls
- 10 refrigerator biscuits
- 3 string cheese sticks, quartered
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup precooked sausage crumbles
- 1 egg white, beatern
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Flatten the refrigerator biscuits to about 3½ inches wide.
- Top biscuits with 1 teaspoon pizza sauce, a few sausage crumbles, a string cheese piece and a sprinkle of oregano.
- Gather the edges up around the toppings and pinch together at the top.
- Place the pizza balls into a greased pie pan with the seams on the bottom.
- Brush the tops with a beaten egg white.
- Sprinkle the tops with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with additional pizza sauce, if desired.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: The Gunny Sack.