Goodness, me! Look at the pink! This looks like a little girl’s dream… and some women’s dream. All the pink ever! These strawberry cake chocolate chip cookies are bound to please. Can you really go wrong with strawberry cake? I’m not sure you can.
Cookies are the easiest shared food. They’re great for classroom parties, potlucks, etc.
Strawberry and chocolate chips? Please, just take my money and give it to me! Yummmmm. I really can see this being just a huge hit at a kid’s party. In fact, I would stack these in a pyramid, put the candles in, and this would be their cake. These are better than cake anyway 😉
Thanks to Sally at Sally’s Baking Addiction for this recipe!
Ingredients for Strawberry Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box (18.25 oz) strawberry cake mix, like Duncan Hines
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough- stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of dough, about 2 Tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Stick a few more chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls if you want them for looks, if desired. Make sure the balls of dough are taller than they are wide. See here for more details.
- Bake for 10 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. As they cool, the tops may settle down; press them down gently with your fingers if they are not sinking much. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Sally’s Baking Addiction.