Slow cooker recipes really are great for summertime. While they do give off a bit of heat, it seems to be so much less than having your oven or stove on. Not to mention, after a long, fun day on the river, trails, or lakes, it’s great to come home and have your food ready and waiting.
This cheesy tortellini will be so melty and delicious by the time it’s ready. Mmmm. Check out this recipe on the next page.
Tortellinis and raviolis are such a blast from the past from my childhood. But I’m not talkin the nasty Chef Boyardee kind (gagging now). No, I’m talking the made fresh raviolis from a restaurant my dad sold to. The tortellinis were store bought, but they were the fresh kind. YUM!
Thanks to Ashlyn at Belle of the Kitchen for this recipe!
Ingredients for Cheesy Slow Cooker Tortellini
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms
- 1 14.5 oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 9 oz. package refrigerated or fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain.
- Combine the ground meats, marinara sauce, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on LOW heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the tortellini, and sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes on LOW, or until the tortellini is tender.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Belle of the Kitchen.