Watermelon season is here, and I’m so excited. You really can’t beat those Hermiston melons. The thing is though that I can never eat one before it goes bad. Oops. Especially since my significant other hates them. He doesn’t like fruit. I don’t understand it.
That being said, this fresh chunky watermelon salsa is a great way to use up a watermelon. You can put it on fish or chicken. It might even go really well with the correctly herbed and spiced pork. Check out this recipe on the next page.
This watermelon salsa is one that can go on meat, as I mentioned before, or you can also just say, “Forget that!” And haul out your favorite tortilla chips. A fresh, new take on chips and salsa. I personally love a fruitier salsa. The salt from the tortilla chips would mingle with this perfectly. I want some NOW!
Thanks to Ree at The Pioneer Woman for this recipe!
Ingredients for Fresh Chunky Watermelon Salsa
- 1/2 whole Small Seedless Watermelon, Diced
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Diced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 2 whole Jalapeños, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 1 whole Bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- 2 whole Juice Of 1 To 2 Limes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Throw all the ingredients into a large bowl and toss it together. Taste with a chip and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Serve with chips or on top of grilled chicken or fish…or as a side salad!
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: The Pioneer Woman.