For some people, food really is all about texture. For others, it’s all about the flavors and aromas. I am generally a flavors and aromas person. There are a couple of dishes though where I don’t crave the flavors, I crave the amazing textures of it. Pad Khee Mao is one of those (but I DO love the flavors), and another is chicken and dumplings soup. There’s something about the dumplings that are so satisfying and pleasing to sink my teeth in to.
For a lot of people, chicken and dumplings is the ultimate comfort. It’s warm, fantastic when you’re sick, as flavorful as you want it to be. Check out this great recipe on the next page.
Chicken and dumplings is actually one of those dishes that I have never had at home. Shocking, I know. I have had soups and just regular chicken and dumplings at restaurants, but it was never anything that my mom made. It just never made our radar. Homemade chicken and dumplings soup is one of those things that I need to try and SOON!
Thanks to Yummy for this recipe!
Ingredients for Chocolate Coconut Bon Bons
- 2 sticks of celery, finely diced
- 1 small/medium onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth + 6 cups water
- 1 Tbsp salt, or to taste
- 3-4 medium potatoes (about 1½ lbs), peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast (1 large chicken breast), diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Dill and/or 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- For the Dumplings:
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp (3/4 stick) melted Butter
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Yummy.