I’ve noticed a trend in ways to get kids to eat and like veggies. Dress it up with cheese or call it a pizza, and there you go! They will usually be down for trying it. I know many adults who need this same treatment too.
These eggplant pizzas sound amazing. Eggplant is one of my favorite veggies to eat and harvest! Check out this eggplant pizzas recipe on the next page.
Nothing goes quite as well with eggplant as tomato sauce and cheese. If you want to tweak this recipe and make it more pizza-y, go ahead and add some toppings. It would be hard to mess this one up. If you don’t want to change it up, no biggie! Any way you look at it, this dish will be amazing!
Thanks to the folks at Kusina Master for this recipe!
Ingredients for Eggplant Pizzas
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 3 large, ripe, juicy tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh oregano herb or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried za’atar herb
For the eggplant:
- Slices of halumi or mozzarella cheese, 1 per slice of eggplant.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or other sharp cheese
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with 1/4 teaspoon salt, for coating
- Olive oil
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Kusina Master.