Pasta salad is a summer staple! It was always my favorite thing about eating at other people’s houses and BBQs. There was always some fabulous pasta salad available. I must say that I am a complete sucker for any sort of Caesar salad… so those types of pasta salads were always my favorite.
I’d be willing to try this pasta salad though! It’s being called the BEST!
Maybe the reason this is the BEST pasta salad is because it is so traditional. It uses an Italian salad dressing. It has all the fixins inside. MMMM! Pasta salad really is a great potluck or BBQ dish to bring. It’s also a perfect meal for those stiflingly hot summer days.
Thanks to Heidi at Happiness is Homemade for this BEST recipe!
- 1 box of tri color rotini pasta
- 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small can of chopped olives
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian dressing (we use Ken’s Lite Northern Italian)
- Prepare the vegetable and mix together with parmesan cheese.
- Cook the pasta until al dente according to the package directions. Drain and add to vegetable and cheese mixture.
- Add 3/4 of a bottle of Italian dressing and mix well. Chill for at least 6-8 hours (I prefer to chill overnight).
- Before serving, add the remaining 1/4 bottle of dressing and top with a bit more parmesan cheese for garnish.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Happiness is Homemade.