The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, as an old adage goes. Keep your man well-fed and he’ll stay in love with you. The food doesn’t always have to be fancy, though, because a lot of guys just want meat and potatoes, so to speak, for their meal – simple, homey and comforting.
This reminds me of an Irish country or farm meal. Meat, potatoes, and it’s fried. DELICIOUS!
As far as meat and potatoes go, this recipe for fried potatoes and kielbasa will certainly do well, not just for your man but for yourself and your whole family. The recipe is easy, the food is ready in about half an hour, and its simple comfort will have your family asking for heaping seconds.
My SO and I have this for both breakfast and dinner. We like it for both meals. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as simple, homey meals like these.
This fried potatoes and kielbasa is great for those nights when you want something good to eat but are not inclined to spend too much time in the kitchen. With this recipe, you only need to brown the kielbasa in a pan and then cook the rest of the ingredients in the kielbasa drippings. It’s a quick dinner that everyone in your family will surely love. This lovely simplicity is from Robin of Mom Foodie.
14-16 oz. kielbasa
1 Vidalia onion
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp minced garlic
⅓ tsp. Kosher salt
¼ tsp. oregano
- Preheat skillet on med-high heat.
- Cut sausage into slices, and drop in the heated pan. Stir while frying.
- As kielbasa is browning, chop the onion and potatoes.
- Once the sausage has browned up a bit, and released most of the grease, scoop it out and put aside. Be careful to leave grease in pan.
- Drop potatoes into the kielbasa grease to fry. Once they start to brown cut down heat to med-low, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Once the potatoes have softened, add the kielbasa back into the pan mix in and all to reheat before serving.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Mom Foodie.