Roasted chicken is a simple enough dish to prepare, but if you do it right, you can always make it spectacular. You can make it in almost any flavor array of your choice, serve it with almost any kind of side dish, cook it stripped down and diet-friendly or as heart-choking as you want it. This roasted lemon chicken is the refreshing type – simple, zesty, absolutely delicious, and absolutely healthy.
In this roasted lemon chicken recipe, the chicken breasts are tossed in oil and seasonings along with the green beans and red potatoes. Then they’re laid in a pan lined with lemon slices at the bottom and roasted. The result is nice, tender and lemony chicken, and you’ve got your side of veggies done without any extra effort. This healthy and smart recipe is from Carleen of Snack Rules.
4 chicken breasts
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 lemons (1 will be sliced and 1 juiced)
4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¾ pound trimmed green beans
8 red potatoes, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Coat a dutch oven, cast-iron skillet, or baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Slice one lemon and arrange lemon the slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper
- Add the chicken, green beans and potatoes and toss to coat.
- Pour the mix into the roasting pan.
- Roast for 50 minutes or until cooked completely
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Snack Rules.