Mayonnaise is the bane of lots of people following a low-fat and low-calorie diet. After all, one tablespoon of mayonnaise comes with a whopping 100 calories! That’s too much if you’re following, say, a strict 1200-calorie daily intake, and yet too little if you’re making chicken salad. To solve that dilemma, here’s a recipe for no-mayo chicken salad that’s still so creamy it will rock your socks off.
Visit the Next Page link below for the recipe.
What’s the secret behind this no-mayo chicken salad? It’s two ingredients, actually: avocado and Greek yogurt. Just make your chicken salad as you usually would, only substitute a mashed avocado and Greek yogurt mixture for mayo. The result would be just as creamy as, and maybe a lot tastier than, chicken salad with mayo in it. This awesome recipe is from Tammy of Organize Yourself Skinny.
1 ripe avocado, removed from skin
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon garlic granulated garlic
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ ground pepper
2 cups finely chopped or shredded cooked chicken
½ red onion, chopped
1 small lime
- In a medium bowl mash together avocado and greek yogurt until smooth.
- Stir in garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken and red onion to avocado mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Squeeze in half the juice from the lime. Give it a taste, squeeze in the rest of the lime if needed. I used all of the lime juice.
- Serve in a wrap, in a pita, or anyway you typically enjoy chicken salad.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Organize Yourself Skinny.