We love our soups hearty, and this mac, beans and veggie soup is as hearty as they get. This is macaroni soup like no other, with beans and root veggies giving it lots of body. A handful of herbs like rosemary, thyme and basil lift up the flavors and make this soup both tasty and comforting. You’re sure to enjoy a bowl of this when the weather gets really cold.
Visit the link below for the recipe.
This mac, beans and veggie soup is a vegetarian recipe containing kidney and garbanzo beans, plus carrots and potatoes. It’s very easy to cook and ready in half an hour. If you want a meaty option, you can maybe add some chicken and use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock. This delicious bowl of goodness is courtesy of Katerina from Diethood.com.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon basil
2 bay leaves
6 cups vegetable stock (you can also use chicken stock or just water)
2 large carrots, sliced crosswise
1 large potato, cut into cubes
1/2 cup elbow macaroni
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep stockpot pour in the olive oil and warm it over medium heat.
- Add in the onions and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and cook it for about ten minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Add in the rosemary, thyme, basil, bay leaves, and stir.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots and potatoes and cook for another ten minutes.
- Add the pasta, garbanzo beans, and kidney beans, and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat, stir in a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and remove the bay leaves.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Diethood.com.