Fried chicken, for me, must be crispy. I don’t want any of that limp, soggy skin. I need it CRUNCHY! Also, the more flavor the better. I know… I can be really, really picky, but this recipe? It not only lived up to my expectations, it surpassed them!
This fried chicken is dipped three times. It also has an amazing beer batter. I don’t know about for you, but for me, beer batter makes everything so much tastier. I know the calories are higher, but yummmm. Sometimes, you just need to let your hair down and have some of the best fried chicken you’ve ever had and say screw the calories! I’ll make up for it later 😉
With an amazing combination of herbs and spices, this triple-dipped fried chicken is off the charts good. They’ll impress everyone!
Thanks to the folks at All Recipes for this delicious recipes!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups beer or water
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and beer. You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.
- Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.