Meatloaf is a staple in most American homes. That’s because not only is meatloaf a tasty dish, but it’s also quite versatile. You can eat it as it is or use it in a variety of dishes like sandwiches and pasta. You can make it how-ever way you want according to your tastes. You can enjoy it hot from the oven but it will be just as good as leftovers. The classic meatloaf can’t be beat.
Visit the link below for the recipe.
The classic meatloaf is not called a classic for nothing. You can change it up however way you want, like adding bacon for more meatiness or using hoisin and sriracha sauce for a spicy Asian kick. You can eat it for lunch or dinner, as it is or in a sandwich or as accompaniment to other dishes. And it’s a dish that both kids and adults love. This particular meatloaf recipe is developed by Brie of Qwerty Café.
For the Meatloaf:
2 pounds ground beef
2 Eggs lightly whisked
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
4 cloves garlic – crushed
1 large onion – diced
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
1½ teaspoon garlic powder
1½ teaspoon italian seasoning
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 Tablespoons ketchup
¾ cup bread crumbs
For the Sauce:
½ cup ketchup
⅛ cup brown sugar
1½ tablespoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place all ingredients for the meatloaf into a large bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Divide into two and shape into loafs on a large baking sheet with raised edges.
- Spoon sauce equally onto both loafs and spread evenly over the top allowing it to drip down the edges.
- Place into oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Pull out of oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Qwerty Café.